Assorted Images

Transcript Request

Unofficial Transcripts: Enrolled students can print a copy of their cumulative academic record by selecting the Student Info tab in MyMECA.The cumulative record arranges the academic record in term sequence, but is not official in any way. That is, it is printed on plain paper and does not contain any verifying signatures or official seals. A copy of the cumulative record is generally used by current or former students who don’t need a certified, official copy.

Students who need an official copy of their academic record (called a “transcript”) may come to the Assistant Registrar’s Office and fill out a “Request for Transcript” form. There is a 7 day processing turnaround.

Students can request a transcript by postal mail or fax (207-775-5087). Requests via email are not allowed due to privacy regulations as well as authentication issues. Mail requests to: Maine College of Art, ATTN: Transcripts, 522 Congress St., Portland,ME 04101

Students completing the Transcript Request Form, must include the student’s name during attendance at MECA, years of enrollment and major, the number of transcripts requested, where the transcripts should be sent, and a signature allowing us to release the transcripts. There is no charge for processing transcript request but student are limited to 8 per month, please.

If you have question about transcript requests, please contact Julie Smith, Assistant Registrar at 207/ 699-5057 or email [email protected] The fax number to use is 207 775-5087. NOTE: The College will not issue an official transcript if a student owes a past due balance on a student account or has defaulted on repayment of student loan. Questions about holds should be addressed to the Student Account 207/699-5049 and/or Assistant Registrar.

Download a PDF Request Form